Online education has become the new normal for students during the lockdown in India. Now, schools and colleges are relying on the online modes of teaching to maintain the continuity of education. So, to continue this, schools are launching apps and conducting online classes over Microsoft Team Meeting or Zoom and sending interactive worksheets and videos for learning.
The adoption of online education has made ten of thousands of students glued to their computers and smartphones. Both teachers and students entered a new world of virtual lectures, tutorials and assessments. Online learning has taken centre stage in a student’s life. These online classes during lockdown have helped students more than ever before.
Education Board such CBSE, ICSE and other State Board such as TSBIE (Telangana State Board of Intermediate Education) adopted online education for the academic session of 2020-21. Students can now sit and learn from the comfort of their home and submit their assignments online.
Benefits of Online Learning
- One of the positive effects of online education is students became more proficient in the use of modern technology. They are now exposed to various apps and programs. Along with academic learning, students also get to learn about technology during the lockdown. The knowledge of students related to computers, smartphones are getting enhanced.
- Online classroom systems help students to access all relevant information in one platform. Teachers can share all useful information online and keep it securely preserved in an electronic archive. Due to this, the process of interaction has become much more comfortable between the school, teachers and students. If students come across any doubt, then they can easily view these records and resolve it instantly.
- In online classes, the performance and learning ability of students is easily trackable. The data of every student is stored individually, and teachers can easily track the performance of the students. This helps teachers to understand the learning ability of the students.
- Due to this pandemic situation, schools are forced to adopt online classes which considerably improve the attendance of students. Now, students don’t have to travel to their school to attend classes, and they love the concept of online classes. There is a significant improvement in participation and interaction.
- Another benefit of online classes is that assessment is an ongoing process. Online classes have increased student engagement, as there is no peer distraction. There is increased involvement of students in asking doubts and initiating an interaction. It is believed that some concepts are better taught online.
Someone has rightly stated that learning should not stop even at the time of crisis. Various digital platforms have kept the learning process intact even at this time. Teachers, students, can access these digital platforms to enable constant learning from the comfort of their home. Students can be in constant touch with their faculties with the help of online classes conducted through Skype, Zoom, Google Hangouts, Google Classroom etc.
Almost all educational institutions have started the current academic session via online classrooms. Online education is not only adopted by major boards like ICSE and CBSE, but it is also adopted by various State Boards such as Assam Higher Secondary Education Council, Maharashtra Board etc. In conclusion, we can say that online classrooms have become a new part of a student’s life.
Students can subscribe to BYJU’S YouTube Channel to watch relatable and interactive videos, based on the subject requirement.